Have you ever shared your faith with someone and they ask you a question you just don’t know the answer to? Or perhaps you’ve been hesitant to share your faith, because you’re afraid you won’t know the answer!
There are tough questions when it comes to following Jesus. There are times we won’t know the answer, but that’s okay. We don’t have to know the answer.
But when you don’t have an answer, what can you say?
How about one of these:
- I have no idea. Let’s try to find the answer together.
- That’s a good question. Let me do some research and I will get back to you.
- When I get to heaven, I’ll ask God that question. What would you ask Him?
- Tell me more. What interested you in knowing the answer to this question?
- Are you interested in God’s answer? If so, I think we can find a Bible study that will help us find the answers to lots of questions.
- I don’t know the answer to that question, but what I do know is that Jesus is real to me. Share how Jesus has changed your life.
- I know the answer to your question; but, if I answer your question, will you listen to my question?
…do not worry about how or what you are to say; for it will be given you in that hour what you are to say. For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.
Good Answers for Tough Questions was a round table discussion at Koinonia Christmas. These answers to tough questions came from that session.
Every Tuesday and Thursday in November and December, we’ll share more of the great sessions from Koinonia Christmas on planning parties with purpose and evangelism.