Most of us have family members that don’t know the Lord. With the holiday season upon us, we have more opportunities to spend quality time with family members we may not see regularly and share the love of Christ.
Here are a few ways to minister to lost family members:
1. Give the Message. Post on verse cards, gifts, recipe cards, placemats, Facebook, etc.
2. Get right with family members. Confess your sins. Ask forgiveness. 1 John 1:9.
3. Put to death the behavior listed in Colossians 3:8-9: “But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices” (ESV).
4. Exhibit the fruit of the Spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law” (ESV).
5. Pray for each family member by name and pray verses for each one.
6. Pray for God to give you an opportunity to speak Truth to them.
7. Be ready to give an answer, “…Always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect” (1 Peter 3:15, ESV).
8. No matter what happens during the holidays, LIVE the message of Jesus.
Never give up on your family! We all need Jesus.
from Yikes! My Family is Lost